Friday, August 17, 2018

Every Day Miracles

We live with miracles every day.  God, our Father, wants us safe, healthy and prosperous.  
Think: how many times and how many ways have you been saved from near tragedy?  Sometimes you have to be away from the situation in order to see it.  God is always close to us.  I mean, He is as close as living inside of us.

Once we accept Jesus, He never leaves.  He comes and makes His home within us.  Jn 14:23

Let me share a story from my misspent youth: I had been out late one evening, by myself.  (I preferred to go by myself because there always seemed to be a "situation" if I went with a friend.  I had some wild and crazy friends.)  Anyway, I was out drinking in the bar of a bowling alley that I frequented because there was a young crowd, the music I liked, a friendly bartender and I knew a few of the clientele.  It was clean and fairly up scale in a nicer part of town. You never know.  Good and bad looms everywhere together.  Personally, I believe the more good that is present, the more evil is lurking.  

That particular night, the crowd was rowdy.  There was a young woman in the crowd that had too much to drink and she was making a physical spectacle of herself and taunting male clientele by removing parts of her clothing while standing on a table.  The bartender had a couple of her friends remove her and take her home.  I decided it was a good idea for me to call it a night and left for my car in the well lit, parking lot.

I had just put the key in my car's door lock and opened the door when I was pushed inside.  I landed, face up, on the seat with my legs dangling outside.  A stranger was looming over me and coming in on top of me.  The only thing I can remember is thinking to my self, "Oh God".  


Funny how a short simple prayer can be all you need.  The fact that you just think of God when you need Him shows faith.   I had been dedicated to God as an infant, been baptized and went to church regular until the age of 18.  I knew of God's existence.  God knew me even though I had become a wayward "prodigal".  This simple prayer was all that was needed.

I have no idea what happened in the next few moments of time.  The next thing after seeing this man looming over me, I was behind the wheel with my car door shut, and locked.  The man was outside my window knocking on the glass and yelling.  I was anxiously trying to put my car key in the ignition, which I did and drove off.  Surely, you can understand how upset I was and I have never forgotten that simple prayer that has worked for me several times since.

When you belong to God (by belief in His Son), He never lets you go.  You are never alone again.  He loves you and only wants you to believe in Him; just accept Him as our Creator and Savior.  He makes it so easy for us.

Every miracle is not always so dramatic.  More often, they are small miracles throughout the day.  Many times, we do not even recognize them as miracles.  Many times we are not aware of them at all.  We can be delayed in traffic in order to save us from a wreck.  He can remove something harmful from our path that we will never know about.  

It is an amazing thing to be a child of God.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment