Friday, December 14, 2018

Ask - Then, Shut up

Make requests to your Heavenly Father who wants to give you the desires of your heart.  (As long as they are in line with His loving grace.)  

Then, shut up!  He heard you.  He is God.  

Oh how we can forget how huge, magnificent, eternal, powerful, infinite He is.  As humans, we tend to put everything into a box, with a tag on it to describe the contents.  We do this so we can relate, understand and control.  We need to feel control because we are so insecure and fearful.  God is so much more than anything we can ever understand.  Let us learn to accept.  We are physical beings in a physical world and find it difficult to relate to the spiritual.  God understands.



After you make request, it is time to thank Him for working to give you the desire of your heart.  He heard your request.  Isn't it wonderful that we don't have to keep reminding Him of our needs and desires?  We don't  have to beg.  Yes, we are to ask; He wants us to depend on Him.  He heard you!  



I am reminded of my dog:  I tell him, "Sit!"  (He doesn't want to. We have a very defiant dog.)   He looks at me like he is deaf.  I know he heard me - he is a dog.  Dogs have the most amazing hearing AND . . I am standing right in front of him.  He is looking into my face.  My husband (bless his heart) tells the dog over and over, "Sit - sit! - Sit - SIT !!"  I want to scream.  When I tell the dog to sit and he doesn't, I just wait.  I stare at him and he stares at me.  He always relents and sits.  I know he heard me.  He knows I know he heard me.  It is just a matter of time before he answers my request.  

Why would we think that God can't hear as well as a dog - a creature He created?

God wants thanks.  A form of thanks is praise.  He created angels to surround His throne and sing praises constantly.  It's not that He is insecure or vain.  Rather, He must be given what He deserves.

People in the Bible who thanked God:
Miriam         Ex 15:20-21
Hannah        I Sam 2:1-10
David           II Sam 22:1-51,   Ps 3
Solomon      I Kings 8:14-21
Elizabeth      Lk 1:24-25
Mary            Lk 1:46-55
Jesus            Jn 6:11
Leper            Lk 17:11-19
Paul             Phil 1:3-11 

How pleased were your parents when you thanked them (without being told to)?  How much faster were they to answer because they felt you appreciated what you received?  How much more your Heavenly Father ?
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment