Saturday, September 8, 2018

Me, God and Digger

Do you have a pet?  One that you just adore?
I do.  His name is "Digger" and he is a Russian tortoise.


Digger is an amphibian, a cold blooded animal.  He gets body warmth from his surroundings.  I have to see that his surroundings are the correct temperature and humidity at all times.  I have to make sure he gets enough sunlight every day and enough dark to accommodate his sleep cycle.  His diet is important and I see to it that he gets a variety of the leaves and vegetables that are good for him.  I don't let him have any plant that might be  harmful to his system.  

When he has a full tummy, he often falls asleep in his food dish.  It makes me feel good that he is content.






 
Every few days, he needs to soak in water because he is a dessert tortoise and needs moisture.  I make sure he gets time to soak and exercise in the sink.

Why?  This seems like a lot of bother.  So why do I make all this effort for his well being?   I adore this cold blooded animal more than I ever imagined I 
would. 

Hours were spent, with a shovel, in the  hot sun, creating an outdoor habitat for summer weather.  Digger likes me.  He actually acknowledges me when I am in the room or go to  his outdoor pen to get him when the weather changes.  If he is hungry when I go outside, I call and he comes to me.  I like it when he notices me and shows me attention and appreciation just like God wants us to sing, praise and visit with Him.

It gives me joy when Digger is happy; just like God is thrilled with our happiness, peace, health and comfort.



God loves us like this.  Just as I sacrificed hard work in the hot sun, God sacrificed His son, Jesus, who sacrificed his life for us.

Digger likes my warm hands;
He does not like cold rain.
I know what he likes and I try to accommodate his surroundings.

God does the same for us.
 

I am happy when Digger is happy;
God is happy when we are happy.


I know what he needs;
I supply all of Digger’s needs
God supplies all of our needs and takes great joy in doing so.  He takes such great joy in our acknowledgement of His love by saying "Thank you" and offering praise throughout the day, that He offers blessings for the gratitude and praise we give Him.  He promises to bless us when we thank Him and praise Him for providing our needs.  


What an amazing God we have.
Amen
<><


No comments:

Post a Comment