Monday, June 3, 2019

Grace Over Law

The child grew and was weaned. Abraham made a great feast on the day Isaac was weaned.  Gen 21:8

 In the verse above we see Isaac weaned off of milk so he could consume solid food.  Hebrew children were weaned at three to five years of age and their religious training began at that time.   In a spiritual way, babes in Christ grow to taking solid food; the word of God.  We grow from taking God's word in literal form to reading with understanding as we grow.  We learned the 10 Commandments as children.  As we mature and grow in the understanding of Jesus, His sacrifice and the grace we have through Him, we are said to be eating the "bread of life" - Jesus.  We realize we no longer need the milk (God's perfect law) because we cannot grow healthy on just milk.  We now have bread (the grace of Jesus).  Through understanding grace over law, we can mature in Jesus.  We, as Christians, can grow in understanding and reflect the light of Jesus in this world.

Just a few years ago, I did not understand the bread of Communion for healing.  I saw speaking in tongues done in the wrong way and did not accept it.  There was a time that I did not believe in anointing for healing.  I thought the 10 Commandments were our absolute law for living; that we could loose our salvation if we did not keep them.  I was self righteous; I was judgemental..  I did not have joy.  I thought the rapture was folklore.  I recently realized that I did not grasp the concept of the trinity.  Over the past couple, or three, years I have been shown the grace of God and my understanding of all these things has come to light through scripture.  I can now read with greater understanding.  I was the babe on milk until I was taught the grace of God and found the bread of life; Jesus.





And you shall love the Lord your God out of with your whole heart, and out of with all your soul and out of with your mind - with your faculty of thought and your moral understanding - and out of with all your strength.  Mk 12:30 & 31
My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.  II Cor 12:
9

No comments:

Post a Comment