Sunday, June 9, 2019

Get Out of The Boat


Ever heard the saying, "If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat"?   See Mt 14:22-33



In a Sunday message at a church that I was visiting, the pastor commented, "If anyone in here is walking on water, I would like to know.  You need to be up here teaching the rest of us."  

This sounded like sarcasm to me and demeaning to his congregation.  He sounded like he did not believe anyone, today, in this world, could have the faith to follow Jesus and do miracles.

I have done and witnessed miracles in the name of Jesus.  This means I did not do the deeds; rather, the deeds were done in His name, by Him, through the Holy Spirit.  It does happen.  Many believers do, and receive, miracles.  Ro 8:28
Just believe He can and will.  Heb 11:1

There are testimonies daily from people who witness miracles in their own lives by believing in spiritual healing and/or having the faith to call a work in His name.  Pastors and evangelists perform healings and good works by calling on the name of Jesus.  God answers millions of prayers around the world on a daily basis.   

Sometimes, we loose sight of Jesus and we sink.  But, other times, it is easier to keep our eyes on the prize and follow through. 

The pastor's comment on Sunday seemed like mockery to me.  How dare any one mock the Holy Spirit?  These gifts are not limited to prophets and spiritual leaders but given to any believer in Jesus Christ.    Acts 1:8


After all, the Holy Spirit resides in all believers.  II Cor 5:17  The spirit lives in us.  I have called on Him in the name of Jesus to heal.  I pray for people and situations.  I make effort to serve others.  There are many people out there today "walking on water", and much more than me. 

Any believer, in faith, can call on the name of Jesus to enable us to perform works of healing, surviving, sharing and giving.   I John 2:6

Let's learn to recognize teaching that is not correct when we hear it.  Do not see yourself as being less than you are through Christ.


Jesus is alive and well.  What are you waiting for?  Get out of the boat!
Amen ?

No comments:

Post a Comment