Tuesday, May 8, 2018

No Rose Garden

Today may sound a bit stern, discouraging, harsh - even frightening.  I tend to "call it as I see it" but remember: I have read to the end of the book and I know who wins.  Besides, I'm in a bit of a "snit" today and I have a right  (If you have a right, I have a right.)

So, you have chosen to be a Christian?
Can you drink from the cup?  Ps 36:1

Society has a cancer called "sin" because she spurns her foundation, Jesus Christ.  "Everyone has a right".  A right to murder a fetus. Ro 3:15  A right to get drunk and operate a motorized vehicle on a public street.  A right to cheat on their spouse because they are bored with them.  A right to abuse a child because their dreams did not get fulfilled.  A right to stop a majority from prayer in school.  A right to be respected even if they are lazy, unkempt, loud, rude and crude.  A right to benefits in a country where they hold no citizenship or reject it's laws..  A right to unnatural sexual choices.  Ro 1:27  I could go on for hours.
Note: The prostitute in Rev 17 is an immoral society.  Babylon is an oppressive and Godless government.

Freedom is not to do what you want but the right to do what you should.

Being a Christian today is not always pretty.  And . . it ain't gonna get any better.  We are in the final generation before the coming of our Lord.

Suffering is the fire that forges the steel that is the Christian.  After all, there was a lot of suffering before the resurrection.  Learn to embrace your cross.  As a Christian, you have chosen a path of one degree or another.  Learn to turn to your Savior in prayer for your peace and strength.  He needs proud warriors.

Happiness is a choice, honesty, faithfulness, sobriety and the sex of your partner is a choice.  Hell is a choice.  We are not made to fit in but to stand out.  We are the light in a dark world and the salt that gives it flavor.

Story:  When I made my (absolute and final) decision to follow a Christian life, I lost my husband, home, step children, a business and friends.  I chose to turn from a way of life - repent means to turn around.  Everything seemed to fall apart all at once.  I found myself one evening sitting in the back room of my studio with a loaded gun in my hand.  That small voice came to me and whispered, "You cannot give life, so you cannot take life."  I put the gun away - scary.

When my pastor, at that time, realized what I was going through, he said, "We gotta get you dunked right away".  He went on to explain that baptism brings the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that would give me the strength to deal with my trials.  If you have chosen a Christian life style, you need to be baptized - it works.  Ro 6:4

* There is scientific proof that after baptism, a person's DNA is different.  We truly are born again.

The Enemy is coming after you - HARD and, he is sneaky.  He does not want new converts.  He wants to take the throne that Jesus earned.  He hates you - venomously!  He is jealous of you, as a child of God.  He hates you have the favor of God.  He hates you have the Holy Spirit with you.  He hates that God hears your prayers.  He hates you are destined to reign on this earth in the new Jerusalem.  Rev 21:2 

We are in a spiritual battle.  Satan himself wants you miserable, suffering, defiled, polluted, lonely, sick, confused, devastated, sitting with the loaded gun of surrender. 

Good News:  It's all good.  Believers have the weapons of the Holy Spirit, prayer, communion, anointing, faith, discernment and the support of the church.   Our heavenly father offers an amazing support system.  He wants us happy with our choice.  We are forgiven, loved by Almighty God Himself, promised a place with His Son and will not face judgement.  As believers, we are already forgiven; Christ did it all for us.  Ro 3:24

B E A U T I F U L:  Jesus continues to do it all.  Call on Him for anything, anytime.  If you lack faith, are afraid, confused, lacking spiritual strength, pray and ask for these things.  Jesus has enough for everyone and He wants to give to you.  He loves us.  He loves you as the greatest father you could ever know.  You have chosen the narrow path, the right choice - door number three.  There is no turning back; the victory is already ours.  Christ won our battle on the cross.  Jesus has only to come back and claim His prize.  You

Amen  Amen  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment